High Sensitivity and Low Background
for Enhanced Detection and Resolution
- Will not crack, shrink, or tear when subjected to multiple cycles of hybridization, stripping, and reprobing
- Membranes are intrinsically hydrophilic for easy wetting
- Offers superior performance with radioactive (Biodyne B membrane) and non-radioactive (Biodyne A membrane) detection systems
Four Chemistries Provide Versatile Adsorption Properties
Biodyne A Membrane
- (Amphoteric Nylon 6,6) Membrane zeta potential can be modulated by changes in pH.Ideal for single probe or multiple rehybridizations, and applications where background is troublesome.
Biodyne B 膜
- (Positively-charged Nylon 6,6) Pore surfaces are populated by a high density of quaternary ammonium groups.Our highest sensitivity nylon membrane for nucleic acid applications.
Biodyne C 膜
- (Negatively-charged Nylon 6,6) Can be derivatized by coupling reactions through the carboxyl groups on the pore surfaces.
Biodyne Plus 膜
- (Positively-charged Nylon 6,6 with an extremely high isoelectric point) With certain nonradioactive detection systems, it is more sensitive than Biodyne A membrane while exhibiting lower background than Biodyne B membrane.
- Biodyne A Membrane:两性尼龙 6,6膜
- Biodyne B and Plus Membranes:带正电荷的尼龙 6,6膜
- Biodyne C Membrane:Negativelycharged Nylon 6,6
- 0.2, 0.45, and 1.2 μm
|Biodyne A||5.5 - 7.0||139.7 - 177.8|
|Biodyne B||5.7 - 6.7||144.8 - 170.2|
|Biodyne Plus||5.7 - 6.7||144.8 - 170.2|
|Biodyne C||11.0 - 13.01||279.4 - 330.2|
- Resistant to common solvents such as acetone, alcohol, chlorinated aliphatic hydrocarbons, formamide, 2M NaOH, DMSO, and dimethylformamide.Not compatible with concentrated formic acid (> 50%), HCl (> 4M), oxidizing agents, and long exposures (days to weeks) to pH < 2.
1Dual layer measurements
Biodyne® B Membrane Withstands Multiple Cycles of Stripping and Reprobing
Lambda-HindIII fragments were separated in an agarose gel and transferred to Biodyne B membrane using the 颇尔 Improved Alkaline Transfer.The blot was stripped completely and reprobed four times without loss of signal intensity.Bands were detected using a chemiluminescent detection system.
1A - 4A:blot after (re)probing
1B - 4B:blot after stripping, prior to re(probing)
Fluorescent Detection of DNA Using Biodyne Plus Membrane
ng total DNA
Dilutions of HindIII-digested I-DNA (1000 - 1 ng/lane) were separated in an agarose gel and transferred to Biodyne Plus membrane.Signal was generated using a fluorescein-labeled probe, antifluorescein-alkaline phosphatase conjugate, and precipitating substrate.The image was generated by scanning the blot with a FluorImager* system.*FluorImager is a registered trademark of Molecular Dynamics.