A Gentle, Efficient Separation Technology for Complex Biotech Harvest and Clarification Applications
- Vibrating Membrane Filtration (VMF) technology prevents the accumulation or build-up of retained species at the membrane surface and subsequent membrane fouling.
- Requires much lower cross flow and transmembrane pressure (TMP) than traditional TFF technologies, resulting in lower energy consumption and allowing better protein transmission.
- Offers gentle product treatment, even with high suspended solids levels.
- Simplifies scale up.Filter modules are available in 0.2, 1 and 5 m² surface areas for more flexibility and easy scale up or scale down.
- Encapsulated module is easy to use and replace.
- Expands processing options.Users may combine different process steps within the same system (for example, harvest and clarification steps).
- Compact design reduces the system footprint.
Tangential flow filtration (TFF) is well established in biotechnological applications for the concentration and diafiltration of proteins and cell harvest.However, the energy input to achieve the required cross flow rates is high and the generated shear effect can damage sensitive target molecules.Innovative dynamic filtration systems using microporous membranes may be used as an alternative.
The new pallSep Biotech System is suitable for the gentle separation of target molecules from complex process fluids containing high levels of biomass/particulates and high viscosity.The shear forces generated by Vibrating Membrane Filtration (VMF) are limited to a narrow layer on the membrane surface, thus the bulk of the process fluid is not exposed to the shear.In addition, the required cross flow is much lower when compared to other TFF technologies.The system allows for a dynamic membrane filtration with lower energy input and gentle processing of the target molecule with a low pressure drop.
The pallSep Biotech System consists of encapsulated 0.2 μm polyethersulfone (PES) filter modules with filter areas of 0.2 m², 1 m² and 5 m², which allow for process development and full-scale production.The system is suitable for installation in GMP facilities for use in biopharmaceutical processes without compromising ease of use, flexibility, cleanability, safety or operating costs.
The pallSep Biotech System uses an offset motor that induces oscillation of two masses (the membrane module and a seismic plate) connected by a torsion rod.Operation close to the resonance frequency of ~50 Hz leads to a very low energy input to maintain the oscillation of the two masses.The oscillation prevents particulates from accumulating at the membrane surface and thus fouling the membrane surface.A stable permeate flow is maintained while achieving high levels of product transmission, even with high particulate density and viscosity.
Designed to meet customer-specific requirements, the pallSep Biotech System includes all the valves, pumps, sensors, vessel and piping elements mounted on a skid assembly to operate the unit, either in manual or automated conditions.
- Fermentation broths
pallSep Biotech Module
|膜||0.2 µm Polyethersulfone|
|Membrane Support Plate||Polyolefin Copolymer|
|Membrane Drainage Layer||Polyolefin|
|滤壳||Fiber Reinforced Plastic|
pallSep Biotech PS50 Base Unit
|Tubings and Fittings||316 L Stainless Steel|
<0.5 µm Internal
<0.8 µm External
|Hoses with Integral Fittings||Platinum Cured Silicone|
|Maximum Operating Pressure at Ambient Temperature||4.2 barg (60 psig)|
|最大操作压力||4.2 barg (60 psig)|
|Maximum Transmembrane Pressure (TMP)||3.5 barg (50 psig)|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||50 ºC|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||4 ºC|
- Modules are manufactured under a system of Quality Management certified to ISO 9001:2008 Quality System Standard and 100% integrity tested during manufacture.
- Each module is delivered with a certificate of quality.
|Part Number||Module Description||Pkg|
|VMFPSM20B02||0.2 m² pallSep Biotech module||1/pkg|
|VMFPSM20B10||1 m² pallSep Biotech module||1/pkg|
|VMFPSM20B50||5 m² pallSep Biotech module||1/pkg|
pallSep Biotech System
|Please contact your 颇尔 representative for more information|