Sensitive Protein Detection with Low Background and Very Low Burnthrough
- Naturally hydrophobic polyvinylidene fluoride is ideal for a wide variety of protein-analysis applications.The family of FluoroTrans media are white, microporous solid phase supports that bind proteins tenaciously via hydrophobic interactions.
- High sensitivity for small peptides.
- High protein binding capacity.Typically absorbs 50% more protein than nylon or nitrocellulose.
- FluoroTrans PVDF membrane is optimized for N-terminal protein sequencing.The medium demonstrates good signal-to-noise ratios with standard detection systems, and immobilized proteins can be used directly for sequencing, or visually detected with common staining reagents including Amido Black, Ponceau S, and colloidal gold.
- FluoroTrans W membrane is optimized for Western transfer applications.This membrane allows for sensitive protein detection with low background and very low protein burnthrough.Immobilized proteins can be visually detected with Coomassie♦ blue, Amido Black, Ponceau S, and colloidal gold.
FluoroTrans W Membrane
FluoroTrans PVDF Membrane
- 蛋白质 N 端测序
- Fluorescent western transfers
- FluoroTrans media have high tensile strength and will not tear, crack, or curl during handling.This allows for easy removal of target bands for protein sequencing applications.
- FluoroTrans PVDF (hydrophobic polyvinylidene fluoride)
- 0.2 微米
- 127 μm (5.0 mils)
FluoroTrans Membrane Has Excellent Sensitivity, Signal,
and Background in Western Transfers
Rabbit reticulocyte lysate (Amersham) was loaded in lanes of polyacrylamide gels at f.s., 1/3 and 1/10 dilutions.After electrophoresis, proteins were transferred to membranes.Membranes were stained with 0.1% Amido Black, 45% methanol, and 2% acetic acid for 4 minutes; then destained for 5 minutes with two changes of 90% methanol and 2% acetic acid.Stained membranes were rinsed in water and air dried.