Ideal for Use in Air/Gas and Vent Applications with Proprietary, Low Pressure Drop Hydrophobic PVDF Membrane
- Emflon II membrane filters have a removal rating of 0.2 μm in liquid service and less than 0.02 μm particulate for air/gas applications.
- Connects easily to hoses of various sizes in-line or as a final filter.
- Light weight (< 27 grams) prevents crimping of tubing.
- Stable with gamma irradiation.
Excellent for disposable systems.Eliminates
- Venting of bioreactors, fermentation tanks, and carboys
- Gas purging of culture vessels
- Ideal for attachment to disposable systems that need to undergo gamma irradiation
- Filter Media：Emflon II membrane (hydrophobic PVDF)
- 20 cm2
- Stepped hose barbs, 6.4 - 12.7 mm (1/4 - 1/2 in.) diameter with slip luer ID in the hose barb
Maximum Operating Temperature
- 60 °C (140 °F)
- 4.1 bar (410 kPa, 60 psi) at ambient temperature
Recommended Integrity Test Minimum Bubble Point - 60% IPA/40% Water (v:v)
- 0.8 bar (80 kPa, 12 psi)
Typical Air Flow Rate
- 27 L/min at 1.0 bar (100 kPa, 15 psi)
- < 0.25 EU/mL using Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate (LAL) test
- Passes United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Biological Reactivity Test, In Vivo <88>
- Lot samples retain a minimum of 107 cfu/cm2 of B. diminuta per modified ASTM F838, current revision
- Provided non-sterile.Stable with gamma irradiation up to 50 kilogray.Can be sterilized by autoclaving at 121 °C (250 °F) for 20 min.Maximum autoclave stability, three cycles at 131 °C (268 °F) for 30 min.
- Verifies device integrity using one minute water breakthrough or bubble point tests
- Non-destructive test performed either in situ or in the lab
- For use with Acro 50 vent devices